eReader Slim HD
Thank you for trusting us and buy your new eReader Slim HD. We hope you enjoy it! Your new e-book reader has a new high resolution 6" electronic ink screen e-Ink Carta, together with its slim design and lightweight (only 7.6 mm thick and 176 grams). These characteristics, together with its reading advanced features and 8GB of internal memory, make this device ideal for your days reading companion.
Before enjoying your eReader Slim HD we recommend you read this guide to familiarize yourself with it. It only takes a couple of minutes and help you maximize your benefits.
Care and Maintenance.
- Keep your eReader clean from dust with a soft, dry cloth.
- Do not use abrasive or corrosive cleaning.
- Do not blend the screen of the device.
- Do not expose your eReader Slim HD to shakes, dust, direct sunlight for prolonged time, humidity or high temperatures.
- Do not remove the microSD card or turn off the device while reading or writing data to avoid data loss.
- Do not place the reader near devices that emit strong electromagnetic fields. It may cause damage or loss of data.
- Make backs up of your data periodically to another storage device. Energy Sistem™ shall not be liable in any way for damage or loss of stored data.
- Do not disassemble your eReader. Any repairs must be performed exclusively by qualified personnel of Energy Sistem Technology S.A.
- eReader with 6" E-Ink Carta HD Display, 16 gray levels and high contrast for easy reading without eye stress.
- Display resolution 758 x 1024 pixels and 212ppp to appreciate all the texts and images with great clarity.
- Its design combines elegance and comfort in only 7.6 mm thick and surprisingly lightweight.
- Latest generation processor for ultra-fast device management.
- Ergonomic design with side buttons created to turn pages with ease, whether you are left or right handed, ensuring a firm grip at all times.
- Antireflection system that prevents glare and reflections, providing a pleasant reading under direct sunlight and from different viewing angles.
- Rechargeable lithium battery that allows up to one month of use on a single battery charge *.
- It has advanced reading functions that provide a more satisfying experience than in paper format: different sizes and fonts, bookmarks, screen rotation, favorite books, etc.
- Supports Adobe DRM (Digital Rights Management) for PDF and EPUB formats.
- Very easy to use via an intuitive user friendly OSD available in multiple languages.
- Store thousands of books in its internal memory of 8GB, which can also extend 64GB more via microSD-HC/XC cards.
Based on half an hour average daily reading time.
- Page backward button
- Page forward button
- Screen refresh button
- Go Back button
- Direction buttons
- Select button
- Option button
- Home button
- LED charge and power indicator
- Power / Standby button
- MicroUSB connector
- MicroSD card slot
- eReader Slim HD
- MicroUSB cable
- Quick Guide
Your eReader Slim HD incorporates a rechargeable lithium ion battery. When it runs out, you can refill it again connecting any USB type charger using the microUSB cable. The charging time may vary between 3 and 5 hours.
Turning the device On and Off
To turn on your eReader Slim HD, hold the on / off button / standby (10) until the startup image appears. To turn off the eReader, hold the button until a warning window appears, select turn off in the screen. A short press of this button will put your eReader on standby mode, which is a special low-power mode that lets you instantly return to the last screen by just pushing the button again.
When your eReader is in standby mode or switched off, it will display an image on the display indicating their status. Do not worry, this image does not consume energy.
- Recent books read, indicating the progression of reading by bar points
- Latest books added
- Main applications and settings
- Battery Level
You will find here all the books stored in the internal memory and external microSD card.
Use the navigation keys to scroll through folders, press the selection button to enter into folders or open a book, or press the key again to exit or go back.
You have different options display and order of the books in your library. Access these options by pressing . In the options menu you will find:
- Book Search: To search your favorite books.
- Go to page: Select a page from your book list.
- Delete book: You can delete your files and folders using this option.
- List / library: Choose the display format of your books and folders. You can choose from the list view or the view of library, which will display the covers of your books.
- Sorting: Choose the order in which your books and folders are displayed. You can sort by name, by date, by file type, by author or by size (files only).
- Properties: Displays information about the book or folder selected as the name, size, etc.
While reading an eBook, you have multiple functions to adjust the reading according to your preferences and make it so comfortable and fun. Click the Options button to access these functions.
- Go to page: Go directly to a particular page of the book you are reading.
- Search: Search text deltro the book you are reading.
- Page Setup: access the features of the pages of text, such as font size, font (Only when you use the FB Reader reader), spacing or margins. You can also select the format of the publishing default, hide the progress bar reading, or keep the same settings for all the books.
- Add bookmark: With this function, you can add a bookmark in the book page where you are. Thus, you can access that page more quickly later.
- Content and bookmarks: Displays the index and all the bookmarks created in the current book.
- Home: Go to the index of the book (if available).
- Rotate screen: Rotate the screen 90° clockwise or counterclockwise.
- Autoturn page: With this function, your eReader is able to turn the page automatically after the lapse of time indicated in the Autoturn settings.
- Autoturn Settings: Select the reading time before moving to the next page.
- Book Information: Share information about the book and the author, ISBN number, publisher, type of book, etc.
Note: Some of these features may not be available depending on the format of the book.
You will find here all image files located in the internal memory or external microSD card.
Use the navigation keys to scroll through folders, press the selection button to enter into folders or open a picture, or press the back key to exit or go back.
You have different viewing options and order your images. Access these options by pressing Options key. In the options menu you will find:
- File Search: To search your favorite images.
- Go to page: Select a page from your list of images.
- Delete File: You can delete your files and folders using this option.
- List / mosaic: Choose the display format of your books and folders. You can choose from the list view or tile view, showing thumbnails of your images.
- Sorting: Choose the order in which your images and folders are displayed. You can sort by name, by date, by file type, etc.
- Properties: displays information about the selected image or as a folder name, size, etc.
When you are watching the images you can find additional options that allow you to interact with each of them. Click the Options button to access these functions.
- Go to page: Select a page from your list of images.
- Show picture / Back to Full Screen: Switches between the image information view the full-screen view.
- Screen Rotation: You can rotate the screen to view images using any orientation.
- Add to screensaver: Adds the image to the image list of screensavers, which are displayed when the eReader is in standby mode. You can view the list of images displayed on the screen saver within Settings / Screensavers.
- About picture: At this point image information (. Name, size, file type, etc.) is displayed.
Here all the folders and stored in the internal memory or external microSD card, regardless of the media type files are displayed Display.
Use the navigation keys to scroll through folders, press the selection button to enter into folders or open a file, or press the back key to exit or go back.
Pressing the Options button will access the functions offered:
- File Search: To search your files.
- Go to page: Select a page from your file list.
- Delete File: You can delete your files and folders using this option.
- List / mosaic: Choose the display format of your files and folders. You can choose from the list view or tile view, which displays thumbnails of your files, format, etc.
- Sorting: Choose the order in which files and folders are displayed. You can sort by name, by date, by file type, size, etc.
- Properties: displays information about the selected file or folder, such as name, size, etc.
Customize your eReader settings by adjusting it to your needs:
- System Font: Customize the on screen display font . You can choose from 7 different fonts.
- Date and time: Set the date and time.
- Standby mode: Sets the time before the eReader enters standby mode, a mode that keeps the ereader in a low energy wasting mode. Reactivate your eReader by briefly pressing the power button. You can also disable this option by selecting "Never".
- Shutdown mode: Set the time before the eReader switches off automatically. This feature is useful if you don't do frequent use of the device, helping to preserve it's battery life. You can disable this option by selecting "Never".
- Screen Saver: Select the images to be displayed as a screensaver when the eReader between standby. You can select more files from the "Images" (Options, Add to screensaver) function. You can view the images by pressing the "Options" button
- DRM Settings: Adjust your username and password for protected content with Adobe Digital Edition. To read these files you need to select the reader EPUB books as "Adobe Reader".
- Reading Preferences: You can set the default book reader between "FB Reader" and "Adobe Reader" to your preference, soft drinks full screen for reading and light settings (screenlight HD model) .Information eReader Displays version and the amount of memory used and available.
- Settings Language: Select the language of your choice.
- Restore Default Settings: Press here for reset all customized settings and return to the original default values (you will lose custom settings, bookmarks, etc.)
- About the eReader: Displays information model, battery status, software version, serial number, memory used and available ...
Between readings do not forget to exercise your mind with this funny Sudoku. Challenge your mind by choosing the level of difficulty.
The game is played on a 9x9 grid cells divided into 3x3 cell regions. Based on some numbers already provided in some of the cells, according to the difficulty level chosen, you must complete the empty cells with digits from 1 to 9. They can not match 2 identical numbers in the same row, in the same column or the same region.
You will complete the Sudoku when you complete all the empty cells. There is only one possible solution, Good luck!
You can update your eReader using your computer. The procedure is simple but must be done carefully and only if necessary.
Follow these steps to proceed with the update:
- Make sure your eReader's battery is fully charged. Otherwise, connect your eReader to an external power supply using a USB charger (5V / 1Ah max.) or to your computer via USB and wait until the battery is fully charged.
- Visit www.energysistem.com using your computer.
- Go to the "support" section and select "eReader".
- Choose your eReader model from the drop-down list and download the latest firmware version.
- Unzip the file on your computer.
- Open the included text file and follow the instructions to install the new operating system on your eReader.
Important: Make sure the version you are downloading is specific to your eReader model and serial number. Otherwise it could damage the device.
Is it possible to turn off the eReader without having an image on its screen?
The eReader will always have an image on its screen, but do not worry as it will not consume your eReaders battery. In addition to that, you can set another image to be displayed on the shut down screen.
I cannot change the font type of a pdf file
The pdf file is shown as created, with its own font types and sizes. Therefore you will not be able to commit any changes. This is the limitation you will have with this file format. However, you will be able to zoom in/out and browse through the book as if it was another format.
I cannot open an eBook
Check that your eReaders supports the eBook format.
The eReader does not show correctly the eBook characters, the space lining, etc.
This is due to the format the file has been digitalized in. Many eBooks are digitalized and formatted automatically without being reviewed. Use only reliable and quality content providers for the best reading experience.
Energy Sistem Technology S.A. is liable for any lack of conformity which exists at the time the goods were purchased during a period of 36 months. Batteries are excluded from the 36-month warranty, having a warranty period of 12 months.
This warranty covers any defects in workmanship or materials. This warranty does not cover any failure of the product due to accidents, misuse or alteration made by an unauthorized person.
The special 36-months warranty is valid for the European Union. For other countries, please refer to your specific legislation.
Support and warranty procedure
Visit the support section at http://support.energysistem.com/es/support and select your product to view the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions), user manuals, drivers and updates available, as the possibility to submit a query to the Technical Service or consult the warranty.
Alternatively, you may prefer to contact the distributor from which you purchased the product, presenting the purchase receipt or invoice.
Specifications are subject to change without notice.
Trademarks. All company, brand and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
© 2016 by Energy Sistem Technology S.A. All rights reserved.
Declaration of conformity
Manufacturer name: Energy Sistem Technology S.A.
Address: Pol. Ind. Finestrat - C/.Calpe, 1 - 03509, Finestrat, Alicante (España)
Tel: 902 388 388
Fax: 902 119 034
We declare under our own exclusive responsibility that the product:
Energy Sistem™ - eReader Slim HD
Manufacturing Country: China
Is in compliance with the essential norms and standards of the Directive 2004/08/CE of the European Parliament and of the Council of December 15th 2004.