Thank you for trusting us and buy your new eReader Pro HD. We hope you enjoy it! Your new e-book reader has a 6" E-Ink Carta™ HD display with touch panel, and its integrated light with anti-reflection system allows you to read in low-light. The access to thousands of applications on your system Android operating™ is possible thanks to its integrated Wi-Fi.
These features, combined with its advanced reading features, and its 8GB of internal memory, make this device the ideal companion for your reading days.
Before you start enjoying your eReader Pro HD advise you to read this quick guide to get familiar with it. It only takes a couple of minutes and help you make the most of all their benefits.
Care and Maintenance
- Keep your eReader away from dust by using a soft, dry cloth.
- Do not use corrosive or abrasive cleaners.
- Do not apply excesive pressure over the device's display.
- Do not expose your eReader Pro HD to shock, dust, direct sunlight for long time, humidity or high temperatures.
- Do not remove the microSD card or turn off the device while reading or writing data to prevent data loss.
- Do not place unit near devices that emit strong electromagnetic fields. It may cause damage or loss of data.
- Make info backs up periodically to another storage device. Energy Sistem™ will not be liable in any case of loss or damage of stored data.
- Do not disassemble your eReader. Any repairs must be performed only by Sistem Technology S.A. qualified staff.
- Reading in high definition with its 6" E-Ink Carta HD display, with anti-reflection system and optimal viewing quality from any angle
- Flat Touch Screen to enhance the experience of using your eReader
- Integrated and adjustable backlight system to read under all lighting conditions
- IntegratedHigh speed Wi-Fi N connectivity
- High performance Cortex A9 Dual core processor
- Android OS to enjoy applications such as dictionary, mail, downloading content from your cloud storage system, etc.
- Ultra-slim and ergonomic design, ideal for holding during long reading periods.
- Rechargeable lithium 2800 mAh high capacity battery, which allows up to two months of use on a single charge*.
- Advanced reading features: different sizes, fonts, bookmarks, notes, dictionary ...
- One of a kind with 8GB of internal memory, and expandable microSD port up to 64GB storage to carry thousands of books with you.
- Includes 1500 of universal literature classic ebooks for free.
* Based on half an hour of daily reading, with minimum backlight level, and WiFi connection disabled.
Contenido del producto
- eReader Pro HD
- MicroUSB cable
- Quick guide
- MicroSD card slot
- MicroUSB connector
- Power / Standby button
- Page backward button
- Page forward button
- Home button / Screen refresh button / Charging LED
Your eReader Pro HD has a built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery. When it runs out, you can refill it again connecting your eReader to any Type A USB charger, or to your PC using the microUSB cable. You will find the microUSB connector (2) on the upper side of your eReader Pro HD.
Charging time may vary between 3 and 5 hours depending on the type of charger used.
Your eReader Pro HD has a capacity of 8 GB of flash memory for storing books and applications. If you wish, you can expand capacity by adding a MicroSD card up to 64GB MicroSD port (1) on your eReader.
Turning the device On and Off
To turn on your eReader Pro HD, hold the on / off button / standby (3) until the startup image appears.
To turn off the eReader, hold the button (3) until a warning window appears and push "OK" on the screen. A short press of this button (3) will put your eReader on standby mode, which is a special low-power mode that lets you instantly return to the last screen by just pushing the button again.
When your eReader is in standby mode or switched off, it will display an image on the screen indicating their status. Do not worry, this image does not consume energy.
- Tap: Touch the screen briefly
- Press: Touch the screen for an extended period of time
- Zoom: Zoom in and out the screen image
2 ways to turn the page available:
- Slide your finger quickly over the screen
Use the side buttons to go to the next / previous page.
- Recently read section
- Recently added section
*Main app icons**:
Home: . Brings you back to main screen.
Back: . It allows you to go back to the previous page, or exit the app.
In several menus, you could find additional menu options icon . Press here to access to advanced options.
Screenlight: . It allows you to regulate the back light level of your eReader screen.
Wi-Fi: . Wi-Fi reception signal and status.
Battery: . Indicates the eReader battery level and status.
*You can configure the application shortcuts you want on the home screen. To change you have to follow these steps: Settings / User defined / Customize desktop apps.
Your eReader Pro HD have an embebed Wi-Fi connection. In order to connect your device to a Wi-Fi network, go to Settings >> Wi-Fi and move the interrupter on the ON position. . Thus, a research of Wi-Fi networks will begin to connect your device selecting the Wi-Fi you desire.
- Move the Wi-Fi interrupter to the ON position
- Select the Wi-Fi network with which you want to connect your device.
- Establish the connection writing the password, if required.
Note: Once you have completed the authentication process successfully, your eReader will save the Wi-Fi Network access settings, and it will be ready to use the Internet. The device will remember the network, and automatically connect everytime it becomes available.
Your Wi-Fi can be programmed to turn off automatically when you put your eReader in standby mode without using it. Go to Settings / Wi-Fi / Advanced options menu / Advanced settings).
Your eReader Pro HD has a direct access to the Internet through your wireless connection. Once the device is connected to a Wi-Fi network, click on the "Browser" icon, located in the main menu or in applications menu to start the program. The system will load the home page set by default. You can use the browser to download your content in the cloud. You can find your content downloaded in the "Downloads" app.
The Email application allows you to receive, send and get your emails through your email account interface.
During the first use of the application, you must configure the application by entering your email address and password. Once your account registered in the application, you can navigate in the interface to check your emails. This application gives you the possibility to configure multiple email accounts to be active on all your accounts in a single interface.
This application shows you all the books that you have stored in the internal memory or micro SD external memory card.
You can select the display mode that you prefer to visualize the ebooks pressing on the icon display modes: list mode, library mode 1 or library (previsualización de las portadas de tus ebooks). To open a book, press on the book of your choice.
Note: If the file is stored on a micro SD / SDHC card will be shown in the list but could not be opened if the micro SD / SDHC has been removed.
Advanced reading features
Different functions are possible while reading a book. Push the center of the screen while reading in order to access the functions menu.
- Go to page: . It allows you to enter the number of exact page you want to view by clicking on the page number in order to change it.
- Change the font size: . You have two icons on the screen to increase or decrease the font size until the size you want.
- Change the font type: . You can select the appropriate font type from a variety of fonts in your eReader.
- Change line spacing: . It allows you to choose the spacing you prefer for comfortable reading.
- Changing margin spacing: . It allows you to choose the margin you prefer for comfortable reading.
- Auto page flip: . To start the automatic reading, enable the “Autoflip” mode by pressing "ON". You can define different page times to pass automatically the pages under the read speed you prefer.
- Screen rotation: . To rotate the screen vertically and horizontally. You can choose from rotation functions by clicking on the position that you prefer.
- Book Information: . This menu gives you all the information about the book you are reading. Some books do not contain any or all of the data, it will depend on the publisher of the book.
- Add bookmark: . To make easier your reading, you can define markers. The markers are ordered and accessible when you require them.
- Options menu: . Opens the menu which you can view, open, or delete your notes, bookmarks and comments.
- Open / delete bookmarks: . To open a bookmark, click on the bookmark you want to view. To delete a bookmark, press during few seconds the bookmark you want to delete and the options screen will appear.
- Search words: . Choose this function to see where the searched word is in the book and have a directly access to this page by a simple touch.
- Light set icon: . It allows you to set the most appropriate level of light.
Dictionary feature and app
Your eReader Pro HD incorporates a dictionary feature that lets you install any "StarDict" compatible database. StarDict format is one of the most widespread formats of electronic dictionaries, created with free GNU GPL tools.
You can use both commercial dictionaries of leading publishers such as those created by the community for free, or even create your own.
To enjoy the Dictionary application on your eReader, the first thing you have to do is download the dictionary files to your computer. Usually, "StarDict" dictionaries are composed of 3 files in .dz (or .dict) .idz (or .idx) and * .ifo formats. You will need all three to use the dictionary. Now you must follow these simple steps:
- 1) Connect your eReader to your computer, and use the file browser to access the internal memory of your eReader.
- 2) Once in the main root folder create a folder called "dict" (eg x: / dict /)
- 3) Copy directly the dictionary files in this new folder, or create subfolders with the names of the dictionaries you want to add (Drae, Catalan-Spanish, etc ..)
- 4) Restart your eReader after installation.
Once installed dictionaries and restarting your eReader can use this function directly while reading a book, making a long press on the word you choose, and selecting "Dictionary" in the popup window.
Note: dictionaries databases are owned by third parties. Sistem Technology S.A. is not responsible for their content.
This application lets you record all sorts of comments or notes, that can later be removed by a simple touch. You can also add notes maintaining a long press on the text of the book you're reading and dragging to select the desired part.
Your eReader Pro HD has installed an Android™ based operating system, you may reinstall or upgrade if necessary. By default updates are via OTA (Over-The-Air), making your eReader will automatically connect to our servers while you are connected to a Wi-Fi network connected to the Internet, it will download and install the new software easily and quickly as soon as a new update is released.
You can also update your eReader through your computer. The process is simple but must be done carefully and only when really necessary.
Follow the steps below to install:
Make sure the battery of your eReader is fully charged. Otherwise connect your eReader to external power using a USB charger (5V / 1Ah max.), or the USB port of your computer and wait until the battery is fully charged.
Access the website www.energysistem.com from the web browser on your computer.
Enter the "Support" section and select the type of product "eReader".
Choose your eReader model from the dropdown list that appears, and then download the latest version of OS files available.
Make sure the operating system version you are downloading is specific to your eReader model and serial number, since otherwise it could damage the device.
Unzip the file to your computer.
Open the text file included in the download and follow the instructions for installing the new operating system on your eReader.
How I can turn off the eReader entirely without image on your screen?
The eReader will always have an image even with the device turned off. Do not worry because that image consumes no energy of the eReader battery. Also, you can configure the displayed image when turned off.
I can not change the font of the letters in a PDF file.
The PDF is displayed as it is created, with its fonts and styles, why can not change the font. This is the limitation you'll find in this format, however, can zoom and move through the book as if it were another format.
I can't open an eBook.
Verify that the e-book format is compatible with your eReader.
The eReader has been blocked and unresponsive.
Try pressing the Reset button on the base using a very thin object such as a paper clip.
The eReader shows bad characters from books, excessive spaces between lines or page breaks where it should not.
It is due to the format that has been digitized file. Many e-books are digitized and formatted automatically without review. Use only reliable content providers, quality content for the best user experience.
My battery lasts short.
If the battery of your eReader is short, make sure your Wi-Fi connection is off, also make sure you have selected "do not use the Wi-Fi while Stand by" at Wi-Fi Advanced Settings.
Energy Sistem Soyntec S.A. is liable for any lack of conformity which exists at the time the goods were purchased during a period of 36 months. Batteries are excluded from the 36-month warranty, having a warranty period of 12 months.
This warranty covers any defects in workmanship or materials. This warranty does not cover any failure of the product due to accidents, misuse or alteration made by an unauthorized person.
The special 36-months warranty is valid for the European Union. For other countries, please refer to your specific legislation.
Support and Warranty Procedure
Visit the Support section at http://support.energysistem.com and select your product to view the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions), user manuals, drivers and updates available, as the possibility to submit a query to the Technical Service or consult the warranty.
Alternatively, you may prefer to contact the distributor from which you purchased the product, presenting the purchase receipt or invoice.
Specifications are subject to change without notice.
Trademarks. All company, brand and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
2016 by Energy Sistem Soyntec S.A. All rights reserved.
Declaration of conformity
Manufacturer Name: Energy Sistem Soyntec S.A.
Address: C/. Calpe, 1 - 03509 Finestrat Alicante (Spain).
Tel: 902 388 388
Fax: 902 119 034
We declare under our own exclusive responsibility that the product:
Energy Sistem™ - eReader Pro HD
Manufacturing Country: China
Is in compliance with the essential norms and standards of the Directive 2004/08/CE of the European Parliament and of the Council of December 15th 2004.